10/19/2007

Library orientation and essay writing...

Tonight, I will *finally* finish typing out my written journal entries; essays, projects and applying for Ph.D funding has kept me off the computer! One thing I've learned from this journal project is that, even though I consider myself an online fiend, keeping a handwritten journal would have been the smart thing for me to do from the start; I find myself writing down thoughts either on the 45-minute ride home or during idle moments at work. And here I thought blogging would be easier for me. ;)

This morning, we had a VERY helpful library orientation - including a presentation on doing research, using RefWorks, etc - followed by an essay writing workshop. With every Research Methods session, it's being driven home: research isn't child's play! Plus, there are so many resources available to us...we can schedule appointments at the Writing Centre, as I learned today! There is no reason for any of us to feel lost or confused now (though a bunch of us still feel somewhat intimidated, haha).

No comments: